The Merseyside Open is a BFA Registered Competition with event licence number 11541. In order to take part in the tournament, fencers must be current members of the BFA in one of the following categories and must hold a Competition Licence:
Please note the following:
- Any fencer who is resident in the UK must have BFA membership in one of the Compete categories, all of which include Competition Licences.
- Any fencer of any nationality who attends a UK club for longer than the insurance threshold (currently 12 hours of active participation) must have BFA membership in one of the Compete categories, all of which include Competition Licences.
- Fencers who are not UK residents and who do not attend a UK club must obtain temporary BFA membership covering the date(s) of their event(s). Temporary membership of the BFA costs £5.00 and can only be obtained by telephone from the BFA Head Office on +44 (0) 20 8742 3032. Temporary BFA membership includes a Competition Licence and provides insurance cover for the event(s).
- Fencers should provide their BFA membership numbers with their entries and the organisers will attempt to validate their membership in advance of the tournament in order to streamline the registration process. Fencers should still bring their membership cards or email confirmations to registration in case this has not been possible. If BFA membership cannot be confirmed, either in advance or on the day, it must be taken out on the day otherwise the fencer will not be allowed to compete.
- FIE licence cards cannot be accepted on their own - they are only proof of membership of a national association at the time that the licence was taken out and not as at the date of MOFT.